11.15.2007

28 Years!

Well, I celebrated my birthday this year by flying out to Washington (DC), to NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, for the delivery of the solar telescope I've been working on for the past 3 years, HMI. Getting our hardware to Goddard was a big milestone and it's been exciting and busy getting it integrated with the spacecraft in the giant NASA cleanrooms, but before that I had a nice pre-birthday celebration with some friends at home, and I got some very nice birthday cards! I particularly liked the dog-themed ones. Here's a couple I thought I'd share.

This is the envelope sent from my grandparents, covered with really neat old stamps from my grandpa's stamp collection! There are some classic ones of places like Yosemite, Zion, the Everglades, and Minnesota, Alaska, and Oregon statehood stamps. Very cool.


Next up is a quality "musical" card from my Aunt and Uncle, which was one of the popular dog-themed ones this year. Watch the video to see how cool it was. Be sure you have the sound on.



Anyways, I hope to be home just in time to celebrate Thanksgiving with some local friends as well as Erin, who's coming to visit us for Turkey-Day this year! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds--and looks--like a very cool day in DC. How lucky you are to see the Hopper show.
Mom and I have great memories of Washington, where we lived when we were (yikes) about five years younger than you!
Happy Thanksgiving...
-Dad