12.02.2008

Public Safety Announcement 2

Every so often I do something that, in retrospect, is really idiotic. I post about these moments to a) prevent you from making the same mistakes and b) give you a chuckle.

Mistake #1) Last night I was prepping one of my physics demos when I found myself needing three pieces of duct tape and only having two hands. So I stuck one on my lip. Seemed like a good idea - lips are moist and flexible, so duct tape shouldn't stick there, right? WRONG!!!!!

Mistake #2) If you find yourself with a piece of duct tape fused to your lower lip, I would advise removing it slowly. Or finding some sort of solvent to dissolve it. Beer? Under no circumstances should you decide to "get it all over with at once" and yank it off.

I hope this post saves someone a half hour of sucking on ice cubes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, son...

Tom said...

Son? Please note that the author of the lip-trauma post was female.

Anonymous said...

It's an expression. I got it from my friend Andrew. It works, even though Kate wrote it.

Your wife is a lovely female. I've never mistaken her for either man or boy. Fret not.