10.06.2009

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass 2009

I'll have some more photos and a recap up soon, but here's two videos I took of Natalie MacMaster and husband Donnell Leahy fiddling up a storm on the Porch Stage Saturday. Her performance was my highlight of the weekend, although there were lots of other great acts too.

This was their opening number:


And this was their closer, a rousing fiddle and dance extravaganza.


This song really captured the relaxed and fun-filled atmosphere of their performance. You could really tell that they were genuinely having a grand old time up there on stage. The crowd really enjoyed the girl (just an anonymous concert-goer) that was invited to dance a bit on stage (2:10) after doing her thing in front of the stage. Neat moment among many at HSB 9. Can't wait for next year!

More to come when I have a little more time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You even text messaged to say how great it was!

Sigh... Maybe I'll come out for it next year...

Amanda said...

That's so cool you got to see Natalie Macmaster! We love her, and Leahy, and have seen both-- together and separately. I'm jealous.