8.17.2010

Notes from School - Day One, 2010

Hi folks!

So I'm back being a teacher again! The beginning of school is always a blur, with learning kids' names, trying to get a rein on classroom behavior, and jumping right into material.

Anyway, I always ask students to fill out a little questionnaire about themselves. It has some standard-fare questions, and then things like "what are 2-3 careers you might enjoy", "what's your favorite dessert", and "got any good jokes?" I got some funny answers to these that I thought you might enjoy. You can probably figure out what questions they are supposed to go to.

1) What do you call a bee with a low hum? A mumble bee. What do you call a bee that gives milk? A boobee. (From one of my brightest and quietest female AP students - didn't know she had it in her.)

2) The Sahara

3) An astronaut, a pilates instructor, or a rapper. (And yes, this is answer is from a single student).

More tales from the classroom as I get them!

No comments: