9.17.2010

YTVotD

Brief interruption from Colorado adventures for a YTVotD...

We saw this interesting "light sculpture" exhibit by Leo Villareal at the San Jose Museum of Art last weekend.  I think we both liked many of the pieces, but some more than others.  Kind of like our college digital electronics projects on LSD.  Given the artist's history of Burning Man installations that might not be too far off, but the art was definitely mesmerizing and intriguing. All in all an enjoyable exhibit that was very apropos of a Silicon Valley art museum.



I know it's kind of crazy long, but you can skip through to see the different pieces.  Which ones do you like?  It's more engrossing in person, of course (and without the neo-zen soundtrack) but I think my favorites were the ones at 4:30, 8:10, and 18:10 (which doesn't seem as cool as I remember it on the video).  The big wall of diffuse light at 9:45 also seemed much more fluid and engrossing (to me) in person than the video reflects.

No comments: