2.28.2007

Pulled an almost-all-nighter

Well, I am coming off about three weeks of a seriously crazy work schedule. I have been working on a BIIG report that is finally due TODAY. The last few weeks have been high-speed stop and go - write a section, submit it to client for review, wait, wait, receive ridiculous client comments, revise frantically, conference calls, boss calls client mean names, revise again, submit for review, repeat. It culminated in an all-weekend bender topped off with my boss and I at the office until 4:00 this morning, putting the finishing touches on the report. Today is frantic too, because the report has to be reproduced and made into an electronic copy for submittal to the regulatory board. At any rate, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel and am looking forward to getting a LOT of sleep tonight.

I don't think I've pulled an almost-all-nighter since college. My job has actually been a very relaxed 8-5 most of the time, so I don't really begrudge it these past few weeks. But it made me wonder, what about the rest of y'all? Do your jobs ever keep you up all night?

No comments: