8.28.2007

Lunar Eclipse

Tom managed to get my tired self out of bed at 3:00 this morning to see the lunar eclipse. Lunar eclipses aren't as rare as solar eclipses, but the last total lunar eclipse was in October 2004, so it has been a while. I've never seen one before, although I did see a solar eclipse when I was in Israel during the summer of 1999. At any rate, it really was cool - looked just like the pictures said it would. It was all pinky and orange and glowing and beautiful. We got out the binoculars to and had a great long look at it. Don't worry if you missed this one, we've got another one coming up February 20, 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We saw it on Hardings Beach, just before sunrise/moonset. So it disappeared before it reach totality. But we'll be there (I hope) for the next one.
Last night we took the boats out on Pleasant Bay to listen to a jazz concert from Wequassett under the near-full moon. Very cool.
-D