3.13.2008

Jumbotron watch returns!

Ok, I guess this is becoming a theme, but there's some exciting happenings on the new Washington Nationals stadium jumbotron. First off, it looks like the stadium is nearing completion, hats off to the crews there for getting the place done in time. I wonder if the giant puddle of tar over by the 3rd base entrance is gone now, too. Check out their progress at this webcam. Or if they've fixed (or even noticed) the backwards "W" yet.

But anyways, they might want to make sure they have their pictures matched up with the right players before opening day. I'm pretty sure this Dmitri Young (from a framegrab on 3/13 4:40pm):


Is not the same as this Dmitri Young:

I think this guy wouldn't be so happy if here were about to face Johan Santana throwing 100-mph fastballs, too. And isn't the guy on the screen wearing a Braves hat/jersey? Maybe it's just some construction worker that posed for the picture so they could test out the system.

Staying on the baseball theme, Kate and I are going to be heading down to Spring Training in Phoenix with our buddy Frank to catch some Cactus League action, so stay tuned for some more baseball-flavored posts soon! Fortunately for us, Frank has identified some places to eat in Phoenix, so you don't have to worry about us going hungry.

3 comments:

Frank!!! said...

Baseball and eating, my two favorite American pastimes.

Anonymous said...

Ok. This is totally unrelated to any posts on your blog, but I'm leaving it as a comment since that somehow just seems dorkier than simply emailing you guys. I thought you of and your cool coffee table when I saw this.

That is all.

Anonymous said...

Except that I made the hyperlink wrong, it seems. Argh. Try this.

Hopefully I got it this time.