7.29.2008

Blog themes converge at AT&T Park

Last week I was lucky enough to have 2 (good) tickets to a Giants game fall into my lap on short notice! So, Marc and I went up to the city to see the game, a battle between the Giants and the Nationals, two of the NL's worst teams. We had great seats right by the visiting bullpen on the 1B side, and managed to stay warm despite the bone-chilling weather of San Francisco in July. Anyways, here are some pictures. I didn't realize that it would turn into an epic convergence of past blog themes, including the Washington Nationals baseball, the Yahoo! 404 sign, and enormous jumbotrons.

Not to be outdone, the Giants have their own giant HD-Jumbotron, new this year. I think the one in DC is bigger, though. You can also see the 404 in this picture.

Here's Marc eating his relish, with a side of hot dog.

Ryan Zimmerman Ks

Rich Aurelia is actually hitting the go-ahead 2-run double on this pitch!

It was an exciting game in that the Giants fell behind but came back to win with a late rally sparked by Omar Vizquel (perhaps energized by the poster giveaway featuring him that day?) and Bengie Molina. All-Star closer Brian Wilson shut the door in the 9th, and we headed back to the train as the seagulls descended on the stadium to gorge themselves on leftover garlic fries. It's always fun to see a game in that beautiful stadium.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Not to mention the theme of "food". Does Marc know you posted that picture for all the world to see?

Tom said...

I think as soon as I sneakily took that picture, Marc said "That's going to be on the blog, isn't it?"

Marc said...

I figure if I pay $5 for a hot dog, I'm gonna get my money's worth by piling on the condiments...

Anonymous said...

More news on the Nationals' stadium