7.23.2008

New Blog!

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I just made a new blog: Commentate's Kitchen. I mostly wanted a good central place where I could store all my favorite recipes for easy access. I've got a good chunk of them up there now, but will certainly be adding more in the future. I tried to give credit for any recipes I may have stolen (from cook books or from friends or family), but I apologize if I missed any!

I love trying new recipes so if you ever come across something spectacular, please pass it on!

Yum,
Kate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh yay! What a fun idea, Kate. I keep thinking about starting a blog and putting some of our recipe faves... I'll let you know if I do! (And if I get too lazy to do that, I'll at least try to send you some good ones from time to time).

Sarah said...

Great idea! Can you recommend some recipes with various herbs in them? We have an herb garden now that desperately needs trimming. So far we've only used the parsley.

Also, I love the word paprikash (from the recipe in your blog). It reminds me of that scene in When Harry Met Sally: "Waiter! There is too much pepper in my paprikash! But I would love to partake of your pecan piiiiiiie." :)

Kate said...

Yes, I think all the good cooks amongst our friends should have recipe blogs for me to pilfer! It's super easy to set up and shouldn't take much maintenance.

Sarah, what herbs do you have? I can't think of any super herb intensive dish except the gormeh sabzi, but that takes ages unless you have a pressure cooker and may not use the herbs you've got. If I think of something, I'll let you know!

Amanda said...

Hey Kate,
That's great! I will definitely be eager to check this out. Glad to see that Chicken Tortilla soup and your lime beef marinade made it on there already. I always struggle with how to keep recipes organized while not filling up binder after binder, so this is ideal. Now all you need is a cool kitchen set up where you can flip down a computer screen from under the cabinets so you can see it while you work.