4.03.2009

Birthday Poems

For today I will try something new:
It's fun - see, Jeff did it too!
I hope it won't make you doze,
Soon we'll be back to prose
But 'till then - normal blogging, adieu!

Now I don't want to sound like a preacher,
But that Kate, she really is quite the teacher.
It's physics her students learn,
Maybe to work someday at CERN,
But that's not her only great feature.

Far from it, great qualities she has aplenty.
Of canines, baseball, and cuisine she's a cognoscenti.
I'm so happy we met
And though we've got no Corvette,
Can you name a husband who's content? (Me.)

Now I am off to make birthday cake.
Chocolate hazlenut's the kind that I'll make.
I wonder what she'll wish for...
(Probably for Carolina to swish more)
Wish me luck in my attempts to bake.

So today is my sweetie's big day,
The third day in the month before May.
(Don't tell her I told,
but 29 is how old)
So join in a hip-hip-hooray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hip-hip horray!

NaTy said...

awwww. such love :)

Amanda said...

Happy birthday, Kate!

Tom, that is quite the poem. Very impressive.

STQ said...

Happy birthday from your Sin City cousin, Kate!!! And love the poetry, Tom - you missed your calling! :)