8.07.2009

Phish at Shoreline, 8-5-09

The highlight of the week for me was not only getting to go to my first Phish show in 6 years, but that I could even ride my bike to and from the show! A band that I have invested a lot of brain cells and hours between headphones in over the years since middle school, it was thoroughly enjoyable from both a nostalgic and forward-looking perspective; the band is back and playing their old classics (almost) as well as ever before, and they also have some real inspiring new material as well to keep things interesting. While it's definitely not just a "reunion tour" or novelty act, they are seemingly paying appropriate attention to the old stuff that the fans like.

The venue was about 5 miles away from our place and accessible via a scenic biking/walking trail that heads out to the Bay. Getting to bypass the throngs of people in cars both getting in and out was especially fun. If anyone's curious, here's a video clip from their performance Wednesday, it cuts off, sorry. (not filmed by me despite the same last name, my seats weren't quite that good!)



Two of my cousins will be in Washington state catching a pair of shows today and tomorrow, lucky ducks! Hope you guys have fun at the Gorge.

No comments: