12.23.2009

Fizziks Projects

I let my Physics students design their own final semester projects. It was a pretty open ended assignment, which meant I got a wide variety of products. Some memorable ones included a discussion of how medieval armor was designed to absorb impact, an analysis of a Korean badminton player fracturing a watermelon with a 300 km/hr birdie, a video of two kids towing a truck (in park) with a rope, a "rap-off" between five kids (with the whole class joining in on the refrains), an amazing yoyo demonstration, and a trebuchet (although not this one).

Several groups made some pretty amazing/hysterical videos for their projects, as well. It really makes me feel old when I see how adroit they are at manipulating digital media - I shudder to think how long these videos would have taken me to make. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

The Giant Orange



The Physics Rappers

No comments: