12.12.2006

Global Cooling

I just readthe headline to this article and for some reason thought it was going to be about some way that nuclear war would be an (albeit possibly undesirable) answer to global warming. Turns out that nuclear winter is still accepted to be uniformly bad, but what does that say about either me or the times that I see an article that says "Small nuclear war could severely cool the planet" and think "oooh, tell me more! That might be easier than getting us to stop driving SUVs..." Weird.

Speaking of soot, I guess it's time to go home and paint over the soot stains above our fireplace from when we forgot to open the flu. And I have to practice my 10-slide presentation for our big review with NASA folks tomorrow. Don't get excited, it's like 10 slides out of 200 or so that will last most of the day. Mine are on "Facilities readiness," which basically means "How much of the stuff we need to run some tests we actually have." I might get some free pastries out of it, though.

No comments: