10.15.2007

"AccuScore" needs some work

I thought this combination of predictions on the ESPN baseball playoffs webpage was kind of amusing:


It looks to me like "AccuScore" needs a little work if it's going to be more in line with the "experts" or the "public." A couple of caveats:
  • Voting in that poll probably continued after the Rockies won the first, second, and then third games, so you'd have to be a fool not to vote for the Rockies now.
  • It is possible that AccuScore is predicting Arizona to win game 4, but it doesn't really say that anywhere. Also, Colorado is listed as the visiting team, so I assume they mean overall for the series, because Game 4 is in Denver.
  • I would assume that all of the "expert" picks were made before the games started, unlike the sportsnation poll.
Anyways, it made me laugh. All those fancy graphics and animations only to be made to look pretty dumb when put next to the overwhelming picks of the Rockies to win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that page before the series started. It hasn't been updated.

Anonymous said...

None of the experts predicted them to SWEEP!!!

GO ROCKIES!!!