10.09.2007

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass

Since this post is already outdated, I'll be brief. the 7th annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival (which you can read about here) was a great weekend of fantastic weather, great (mostly) bluegrass music, lots of people, and amazingly enough it is all free. Saturday we met up with lots of friends over the course of the day and Sunday I went up by myself. Can't wait for next year! Below are some pictures from some of the acts that we saw. If you're curious to see the whole weekend's impressive schedule, there is a pdf here.

Bela Fleck and Keller Williams

The Mother Hips

Red Wine, a string group from Genoa (yes, Italy) who was my surprise favorite act. There are two videos of them performing at the bottom of the post. Really good and excited to be at HSB.

The Red Wine banjo player overwhelmed by demand for their CD after their performance

Hot Buttered Rum, a San Francisco original

As close as I bothered to get for David Grisman/Curly Seckler

Railroad Earth

Del McCoury Band, putting on a fantastic request-filled set to close the weekend

Kate with friends Bailey and Cara


Red Wine playing an acoustic number


And so you will believe me that they are from Italy, Red Wine singing an Italian bluegrass song. Bravo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place to live! You must have a blast at events like this one! If you have to be so far away from the rest of us, I am happy that it is in a happen' city!
Anonymous on Cape Cod

Anonymous said...

Fun. I'm sorry I missed it. If it had been this upcoming weekend I probably could've come down...

Julia B said...

sorry that tim and i missed you towards the end! it got a bit crowded and ridiculous trying to move around...the one thing i can't stand about the festival. anyway, he says "hi" to fellow dartmouth alumns.