6.20.2009

Job Update!

Looks like I have a job next year! I'm going to be at Pioneer High School (where I did my student teaching) teaching Physics and Conceptual Physics (2 sections of each). I'm really excited about it because I had such a great experience there last year - I know the kids and will have the benefit of teaching with my mentor teacher for another year.

It has been a strange year to be looking for a job. Apparently in past years, teaching offers were made in April and most new teachers (especially in science and math) would have 3-4 offers to choose from. But this year the education budget in California has been cut so much that schools just aren't hiring. Prevailing wisdom seems to be that most job offers will start appearing in late July and August once schools have a final budgets and enrollment count - giving many new teachers only a week or two to prepare for the new year. Brutal.

At any rate, I feel very lucky to have landed on my feet at a school that I know I'll like. Here's hoping all my friends from the SJSU credential program find what they're looking for, too!

3 comments:

A said...

Congrats, Kate!

They're lucky to get you. Very exciting!

Potter said...

Congratulations, Kayt!!! That's awesome. So happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic.