1.09.2007

Fantasy Football 2006-07 Wrap Up

Well, the fantasy football season is over. I had high expectations this year coming off of my spectacular 3 for 3 league wins last year. My strength is probably drafting strategy - football is very different from fantasy baseball because there are so many fewer positions and the elite players are much more scarce. A lot of fantasy players don't truly understand how this should affect which players you pick- elite quarterbacks get taken way too early, generally, and people don't stock up on running backs or high-risk wide receivers quite enough. My weakness is certainly player knowledge - I still pay much more attention to the Broncos than any of the other teams. Plus, here in the bay area, we only get to watch Raider and 49er games, and they have been so dismal that no one wants any fantasy players from those teams anyway.

Fast-foward 5 months to today. I finished the season in LAST place with a dismal 4-10 record. Uff. Granted, there were 6 weeks in the middle of the season (wedding time) that I paid basically no attention to my team. I missed a lot of free agent pickups and didn't even manage to change out my bye-week players a couple of times. Still, it's pretty disappointing. I'm going to have to re-evaluate for next year.

Incidentally, Tom drafted the team for one of the guys in my league who wasn't able to attend the draft this year. How did that team do, you ask? Friggin first place. That's the last time I let Tom "help out" one of my opponents....

No comments: