8.21.2008

Changing it up

I think the news is pretty much already out there, but in case any of y'all don't know, I am starting school next week to get my certification to teach high school Physics. I'm REALLY excited about it, but also apprehensive about going back to school and not working full-time, not to mention the somewhat scary prospect of actually teaching. I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get into the program - two sets of California standardized tests, a technology exam, a government exam, fingerprinting, obtaining a "certificate of clearance", two sets of sealed transcripts, three letters of recommendation, an essay, and 45 hours of classroom observation (which I haven't quite finished). Anyway, it looks like I'm in, which is a relief. Time to hit the books!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Cool! Mrs. Nichols the physics teacher. Congratulations!!