8.21.2008

Kerri Walsh wins gold, fails math

I will admit that I have enjoyed watching Olympic Beach Volleyball over the past week, which here in the US means watching Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor most of the time. And I will admit that they both seem pretty likable. But I guess neither Walsh or the ad people behind this 24 Hour Fitness ad spent much time reviewing the script before putting it on the air.

You can watch the video of the commercial at the link, but the gist of it is a bunch of guys are shown embarrassing themselves on the court and then after a particularly harsh spike the ball rolls up to Kerri's feet and she says "Best seven out of twelve?"

I mean, doesn't she spend nearly every waking hour playing a sport that's fundamentally designed around the principle of winning "best X out of Y"? You may have seen this reported over at FJM already but I thought it was worth copying due to the surprising dumbness of it. But anyways, they sure are good at beach volleyball, eh?

No comments: