10.06.2008

New England side trips, part 2

Gosh, I'm getting behind again in my posting! I've been meaning to mention the great time I had visiting the 'rents on Cape Cod after the Andrew/Jess wedding last month. I was treated to a some good weather, good home cooking, good game-playing (well, with mom at least), and good company. The only thing that would have made it better is if Kate could have joined me, but alas the life of a student is not very forgiving of weekday vacations. Here are some highlights:

Walking on the beach with the Mom:

We went up to Provincetown one day, which held some good adventures. Here are the parents on the dock, with the P-town tower and Commercial St. in the background.

Dad and I climbed the tower (thanks to the free passes from the library!) and took in the great views from the top. Here's a composite shot from the top, looking down over Provincetown to the SE and SW:

In a local P-town bookstore I found BOTH of Katie's books! The new one (with the steamy cover) was even featured on the "New Releases" shelf. Good for you, Katie.

Finally, at home while poking through some of my old belongings in the attic I found this treasured reminder of my first trophy-winning pet, Lowly the worm.

Fortunately Banjo is in no danger of winning any such trophies, right everyone? Right? Good.

Thanks, parents, for a good visit! We miss you over here on the other side of the continent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie, who's Katie?

Someone named Nell wrote those books...